Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton: prediction, preview, team news
Everton will be desperate to get back to their winning ways when they take on Brighton & Hove Albion as their top-four hopes start to fade.
Two teams in need of the points but for very different reasons will lock horns in the Premier League on Monday evening as Brighton & Hove Albion welcome Everton.
Brighton & Hove Albion looked set to make it three wins on the trot when they took on Manchester United last weekend but the Red Devils poured cold water on their plans with two second-half goals from Rashford and Greenwood.
Brighton are currently 16th in the table, six points ahead of 18th placed Fulham and three ahead of Newcastle United, who are 17th.
Everton are eighth in the table with 47 points from 29 matches and have a game in hand over Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool, who are sixth and seventh respectively with 49 points each from 30 games.
Everton will be looking to take all three points to claw their way back into the race for the top four as they take on Brighton, who have been poor at home. The Seagulls have pocketed just 13 points from 15 matches at home so far this season.
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton predictions:
- Brighton have scored at least once in eight of their last ten league games.
- Brighton won 2 of their last 6 matches and lost 4 matches.
- They have won two of their last five home league games, as many victories as they managed in their previous 23 attempts at the Amex Stadium.
- Everton have notched at least once in ten of their last 11 away league matches.
- Everton have lost just one of their last ten away assignments in the league.
- Everton have scored exactly twice in four of their last six away victories.
- Everton won 2 of their last 6 matches, lost 3 matches and 1 match ended in a draw.
- Everton are looking to set a new club record of 10 Premier League away wins in a season.
In the last ten meetings between Brighton & Hove Albion and Everton, the latter have been the dominant side, winning five. Brighton have been victorious on three occasions and two matches have ended as draws.
Everton can do the league double over Brighton for only the second time, having managed it in 1980-81.
The last time these two sides met was in the corresponding Premier League fixture in the first half of the season and Everton won the game 4-2.
The Toffees’ most recent top-flight away victory in this fixture came at the Goldstone Ground in April 1983.
Brighton & Hove Albion have fared much better in recent times than their position in the Premier League table would have you believe. Everton have struggled recently and although Brighton’s home record has been poor this season, they have done well against the Toffees at home and are undefeated in the league against them at the Amex.
There were goals in the reverse match at Goodison Park, with Everton running out 4-2 winners. No team has drawn more Premier League matches than Brighton (11) this term, and we are backing a draw at the Amex.
Our prediction: Draw @ 1.93