Chelsea play host to FC Porto in the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final on Tuesday holding a commanding 2-0 lead.
The Blues secured a vital away victory in the first leg courtesy of goals from Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell.
Porto, meanwhile, reduced the gap between them and Sporting Lisbon in the Portuguese top-flight with a comfortable 2-0 win against Tondela.
Chelsea have been in great form since Thomas Tuchel became manager in January. They have kept 13 clean sheets in their last 17 matches.
Porto got past Juventus in the UEFA Champions League round of 16. The Dragons won 2-1 at home and 3-2 in extra time in Italy to advance on away goals.
Chelsea vs FC Porto predictions:
- Chelsea have won 7 of their last 8 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Chelsea have won to nil in 4 of their last 5 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Chelsea have kept 13 clean sheets in their last 17 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have won 2-0 in 3 of their last 4 home matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have won 5 of their last 6 matches against Porto (UEFA Champions League).
- Chelsea have won to nil in 4 of their last 5 matches against Porto (UEFA Champions League).
- Porto have lost their last 2 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their nine games in UEFA Champions League this season, winning seven of their last eight.
- Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last nine matches in the Champions League.
- Chelsea have won their last four home matches against Porto in all competitions.
Chelsea have a 6-2 advantage against Porto with 1 draw in 9 matches. Chelsea have five of the last six encounters including 2-0 in the quarter-final first leg last week.
Chelsea’s 2-0 win in the first leg represented their sixth triumph from nine meetings with Porto, and while the Portuguese side managed to beat the Blues 2-1 as recently as 2015, they have never managed to keep a clean sheet against their upcoming opponents.
Chelsea are unbeaten in the Champions League this season, and could become the first English to go unbeaten across their first 10 games in a season in the competition since Liverpool in 2017-18 (11 games).
The FA Cup and Premier League may be playing on Chelsea’s minds slightly, given that they have more or less completed the job in this tie, but Tuchel will not let a hint of complacency creep in. Porto are in good form domestically, but overturning a 2-0 deficit is surely too much of a climb for the ‘visitors’.
Despite the foothold Chelsea have heading into the game, Tuchel and his team will know these kinds of ties are always tricky.
Chelsea will emerge victorious and progress to the semi-finals.
Our prediction: Chelsea win @ 1.88