Leicester City are set to play host to West Bromwich Albion on Thursday at the King Power Stadium for their latest English Premier League fixture.
The Foxes have lost their last two league matches and are nervously looking over their shoulder at the chasing pack, while West Brom have boosted their survival prospects with back-to-back wins.
Leicester have a first FA Cup final in 52 years to look forward to against Manchester City next month thanks to Kelechi Iheanacho’s strike to overcome Southampton 1-0 on Sunday.
Leicester City come into this game on the back of a 1-0 win over Ralph Hasenhuttl’s Southampton on Sunday in the semi-finals of the FA Cup.
The FA Cup win followed back-to-back losses in the Premier League. The Foxes lost 2-0 at home to Man City and 3-2 away at West Ham, dropping key points in the race for the top-four.
West Bromwich Albion, on the other hand, beat Ralph Hasenhuttl’s Southampton 3-0 last Monday in the English Premier League.
Leicester City vs West Bromwich Albion predictions:
- Leicester are winless in 4 of their last 6 matches (Premier League).
- Leicester are winless in 3 of their last 5 home matches (Premier League).
- Leicester’s Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 7 goals in his last 5 matches (Premier League).
- Leicester’s Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 10 goals in his last 7 matches (all competitions).
- Leicester are winless in their last 8 home matches against West Brom (all competitions).
- Leicester could lose three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since February 2019.
- West Brom are winless in 3 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
- West Brom are winless in 5 of their last 6 away matches (Premier League).
- West Brom have 24 points after 31 matches. The only team to have fewer points in a top-flight season and avoid relegation was Fulham in 2008.
- None of the nine Premier League meetings between Leicester and West Brom have been won by the home side.
West Brom have a 41-50 advantage over Leicester in 115 meetings with 24 matches drawn.
In 16 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, the record is fairly even. West Bromwich Albion have won six games, lost seven and drawn three.
The two clubs last faced each other last year in the English Premier League, with Leicester City beating West Bromwich Albion 3-0.
The Foxes are winless in nine home games against West Brom in all competitions.
All eight of Albion’s Premier League points in this fixture have been earned away.
Leicester City are currently 3rd in the English Premier League, but have lost their last two league games. With the current uncertainty around with the creation of the European Super League, the Foxes have a good chance of playing in the Champions League next season but will have to ensure that they don’t falter.
The good news for Albion is that they are unbeaten in their last eight away league games against Midlands rivals Leicester in a run stretching back to 1994.
They have played more Premier League games on a Thursday without ever winning than any other side in the competition, losing three and drawing two of their past five such encounters.
West Bromwich Albion are 19th in the league table. They are nine points behind 17th-placed Burnley, who have played a game more. The Baggies have won their last two league games, and if they do survive manager it will count as one of Sam Allardyce’s biggest achievements in football.
Leicester City should be able to triumph here.
Our Prediction: Leicester City win @ 1.61