Everton will be looking to claim their third successive away victory in the Premier League when they travel to Aston Villa on Thursday evening.
Aston Villa lost 3-1 at home to Man United on Sunday, their second home loss in their last three matches. Villa were unable to build on a recent 2-1 victory over Everton and a 2-2 home draw with West Brom.
Two wins in 10 Premier League matches has seen Villa fall to 11th in the Premier League, ending any chances of qualifying for Europe next season.
Everton beat West Ham 1-0 on Sunday, their second win in three Premier League matches. Good away form keeps Carlo Ancelotti’s side three points off the Europa League places in eighth place.
Everton have won eight of their last 11 away matches in the Premier League and they have gained points at Leicester, Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal during this run.
Aston Villa vs Everton Predictions:
- Aston Villa have lost 3 of their last 5 matches (Premier League).
- Aston Villa have won only two of their last ten league fixtures.
- Aston Villa’s tally of 48 points is their highest in a Premier League season since they finished 2010-11 with a similar tally.
- Aston Villa have gone eight matches without a clean sheet, conceding 14 goals.
- Everton have won 3 of their last 5 away matches against Aston Villa (Premier League).
- Everton have won 8 of their last 11 away matches (Premier League).
- Everton have won to nil in 4 of their last 6 away matches. (Premier League).
- Everton have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 6 away matches (Premier League).
- Everton have earned 36 away points this season, compared to only 19 at Goodison Park.
- Both teams have scored in seven of Aston Villa’s last eight matches.
- Both teams have scored in four of the last five encounters between Villa and Everton.
Everton and Aston Villa have both won 82 matches in 223 meetings with 59 draws.
This will be the 206th top-flight meeting between the two clubs, extending its record as the most played fixture in English football league history.
Villa have recently seen their hopes of a European spot fade away but it has still been a successful campaign, considering they were fighting against relegation this time last year.
Villa – who have won more Premier League games (20) and scored more league goals (73) against Everton than they have against any other side in the division – are looking to complete the league double over the Toffees for the first time since the 2000-01 campaign, which would help them move above Leeds United into 10th place.
On the other side, Everton are sure to finish inside the top half this campaign, improving on their disappointing 12th-place finish last season.
Everton travel to Villa Park on Thursday having won three of their last five away league matches against Aston Villa, however they did lose this fixture 2-0 last season.
The Toffees have been considerably stronger on the road this campaign and, with a win on Thursday evening needed if they are to secure a European spot, Ancelotti’s men could prove tough to beat.
Everton have one of the best away records in the Premier League. Aston Villa are in poor form and they are missing key attacking players.
Our prediction: Everton win @ 2.54