Aston Villa vs. Arsenal – prediction, team news, lineups
Aston Villa face another tough challenge in their battle against Premier League relegation with the visit of an in-form Arsenal side.
Aston Villa will be looking to give their survival hopes a boost when they play the penultimate game of their 2019-20 Premier League season at home to Arsenal on Tuesday night.
Dean Smith’s side are currently 18th in the table, three points behind 17th-placed Watford, while Arsenal sit 10th but will have been boosted by beating Manchester City in the semi-finals of the FA Cup on Saturday.
Arsenal are out of the running for the top four but will still be looking to try to finish as high as sixth – starting by beating Villa, with the Gunners’ confidence high after beating Liverpool and Manchester City last week.
Arsenal have had to overcome adversity this season, and they are in danger of missing out on European football for the first time since the 1995-96 campaign.
Reason for Aston Villa vs. Arsenal predictions:
- Arsenal have won six of their last eight competitive games.
- The Gunners have kept five clean sheets in this period, winning 2-0 on three occasions.
- Aston Villa have lost each of their last seven meetings with Arsenal.
- Aston Villa have lost nine of their last 13 in all competitions.
- Arsenal haven’t lost away to Villa since 1998, winning ten of their 17 trips there since.
Arsenal are currently 10th in the Premier League table, having only won 13 of their 36 league games this season, which is simply not enough for the club of their ilk.
Villa are in desperate need of a win to keep their survival hopes alive, but we are finding it difficult to back Arsenal to lose, with the Gunners picking up two huge victories in their last two games.
Arsenal (Full Time Result) @ 2.1