Tottenham Hotspur face London rivals Fulham in a rescheduled fixture on Wednesday evening, aiming to keep their positive momentum going.
Originally, Tottenham Hotspur were scheduled to face Aston Villa on Wednesday. However, due to a COVID-19 outbreak within the Villa squad, Fulham have had to step in at short notice.
This fixture was scheduled to be played a couple of weeks ago, but was postponed due to the Whites’ own troubles with COVID-19.
Over the weekend, Tottenham played a famous FA Cup fixture against eighth-tier Marine AFC. They won the encounter 5-0 thanks to a hat-trick from Carlos Vinicius. There were also goals in that tie from Lucas Moura and teenager Alfie Devine.
Tottenham are currently four points behind league leaders Liverpool, with this being the game in hand for Jose Mourinho’s side.
In their last league game, Tottenham beat Leeds 3-0, with goals from Harry Kane, Son Heung-Min and Toby Alderweireld.
Fulham last played a league game on Boxing Day, when they drew 0-0 with Southampton. They have since been in cup action, where they beat QPR 2-0 away from home.
Fulham have drawn their last four league games and are currently just three points away from safety with a game in hand.
Spurs have won their last three without conceding in three different competitions, a run that has seen them reach the final of the EFL Cup, the fourth round of the FA Cup and climb up to fourth in the Premier League.
Reason for Tottenham vs Fulham predictions:
- Tottenham have won 10 of their last 11 Premier League meetings against Fulham, losing the other 0-1 at White Hart Lane back in 2013.
- Since a 2-1 win in November 2008, Fulham haven’t scored more than once in any of their last 13 Premier League matches against Tottenham (W1 D2 L10), netting just seven goals during this run.
- Tottenham are unbeaten in their last seven London derbies (W3 D4) in the Premier League, since losing 1-2 to Chelsea in February.
- Tottenham have won just two of their past seven league matches, drawing three times and losing twice.
- They have recorded eight victories in their past nine fixtures in all competitions at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, keeping seven clean sheets.
- Fulham have lost their last 13 Premier League London derbies, an all-time record in the top-flight.
- They are unbeaten in five matches in all competitions, including their extra-time FA Cup win over QPR at the weekend.
- Fulham have drawn four successive league games.
- Fulham are winless in their last 14 top-flight away matches played on a Wednesday, dating back to 2002.
- Tottenham Hotspur have not kept a single clean sheet in their previous five meetings against Fulham in the Premier League.
Tottenham have won 51 of the previous 98 games that they have played against Fulham, losing only 18 times to the Whites. In total, 29 of those 98 games have ended in draws.
Fulham have not scored more than once in any of their past 13 league trips to Tottenham.
Fulham have made themselves tough to beat, last losing a game in any competition on December 5.
They have taken a point off Liverpool in that run, but we can see Tottenham – themselves in good form thanks to three successive wins – prevailing in Wednesday’s hastily-arranged match.
We are predicting a comfortable win for Mourinho’s men in this game.
Our Prediction: Tottenham @ 1.54
Source: BetInAsia Black