Manchester United travel to the San Siro on Thursday for one of their biggest matches of the season hoping to see off an impressive AC Milan side and qualify for the quarter-finals of the Europa League.
Manchester United conceded an equalizer in the 92nd minute of the game against AC Milan and now go into the second leg at the San Siro needing to score at least a goal.
The two sides played out a 1-1 draw in the first leg at Old Trafford.
AC Milan have the safety of an away goal but have been struggling for form of late and are winless in their last four home games.
Manchester United have had their own set of issues of late. In the absence of a few key players (Paul Pogba and Edinson Cavani) the Red Devils have not been scoring a lot of goals.
The Red Devils are also unbeaten in their last 13 matches in all competitions and with some of their main players expected to return to the squad for this one, they should feel confident going into Thursday’s game.
Match Stats AC Milan vs Manchester United:
- Manchester United are undefeated in 24 of their last 26 matches in the Europa League.
- AC Milan have won four of their five home matches against Manchester United.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last five matches against AC Milan in all competitions.
- Manchester United talisman Bruno Fernandes has scored seven goals in his last seven away games in the UEFA Europa League.
- AC Milan have managed to keep just one clean sheet in their last nine home games in European competitions, shipping six goals in their most recent three in the Europa League this season.
AC Milan and Manchester United have played 11 times till date. Both teams have won five games each and one match has ended in a draw. The last time these two sides locked horns was just last week and they played out a 1-1 draw.
That late goal they conceded at Old Trafford could come back to bite Manchester United. But they have a lot of firepower in their ranks and Milan may struggle to keep them at bay for the entire 90 minutes.
We expect Manchester United to edge this.
Our prediction: Manchester United to win @ 2.17
Source: BetInAsia Black