Wolverhampton Wanderers will be looking to make it back-to-back wins in the Premier League for the first time since October when they welcome Leeds United to Molineux on Friday night.
Both teams have been fairly inconsistent this season and will need to step up to the plate in this fixture.
Leeds United are in 11th place in the Premier League standings at the moment and have had an eventful season under Marcelo Bielsa so far.
The Peacocks suffered a 4-2 defeat against Arsenal in their previous game and will want to put in a more robust effort this weekend.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, on the other hand, are two points behind Leeds United in the league table.
Wolves are 12th in the table, collecting 30 points from their 24 matches courtesy of eight wins and six draws, while they have also suffered 10 defeats, which is just one fewer than Fulham in 18th.
There is no getting away from the fact that it has been a disappointing 2020-21 campaign to date for Wolves, with Nuno’s side struggling for consistency and currently sitting in the bottom half of the table.
Wolves have actually won their last four games with Leeds in all competitions, including a 1-0 success in the reverse fixture back in October.
Leeds have won 10 Premier League games this season, which is just one fewer than the champions Liverpool, but they have suffered 11 defeats, which is high considering their position in the table.
Key Stats Wolves vs Leeds United:
- Wolves have won two of their last three Premier League games – as many as they had in their previous 14 matches in the competition.
- They are looking to win back-to-back league games for the first time since October.
- Wolves haven’t opened the scoring in any of their last 14 league games.
- Leeds have won two of their last three away league meetings against Wolves, more than they had in their previous 16 visits to Molineux.
- Leeds are one victory shy of 200 in the Premier League.
- They have only kept one clean sheet in their last seven league matches.
- Leeds have won six of their last seven away Premier League matches played outside London.
- Wolves have won their last four league matches against Leeds, scoring nine goals and conceding just once.
- Wolves are unbeaten in the last eight top-flight home meetings, winning five and drawing three.
Leeds United have a good record against Wolverhampton Wanderers and have won 42 games out of a total of 98 matches played between the two teams. Wolverhampton Wanderers have managed 34 victories against Leeds United and will want to cut the deficit in this game.
The reverse fixture between the two teams took place in October last year and ended in a 1-0 victory for Wolves.
This is a very, very difficult match to call for a number of reasons. At full strength, Leeds would fancy their chances of picking up a positive result, but the Whites will again be missing important players. Wolves appear to have turned a corner by picking up seven points from their last three matches.
Leeds United have been a breath of fresh air in the Premier League this season and will be intent on making their mark on this fixture. Marcelo Bielsa has impressed in his first Premier League campaign and will want his charges to be at their best in this match.
Wolverhampton Wanderers have blown hot and cold this season but have plenty of talent in their ranks. Leeds United are an unpredictable team but can be lethal on their day and hold a slight edge going into this game.
Our Prediction: Leeds United @ 3.25
Source: BetInAsia Black