Liverpool host Everton at Anfield in the Premier League on Saturday in what is expected to be a closely-fought Merseyside derby.
Liverpool and Everton lock horns for the 289th time on Saturday afternoon, with just one place and three points separating the two sides in the Premier League table.
Liverpool are on a three-game losing run in the Premier League and will look to change that today.
Everton are winless in their last three Premier League games, losing the last two and drawing one.
The Reds have won just two of their eight top-flight outings so far this calendar year and have lost five of those – incredibly already suffering as many league defeats in 2021 as they did from 72 matches in both 2019 and 2020 combined.
Match Stats Liverpool vs Everton:
- Liverpool have won just two of their last ten Premier League matches.
- 12 of the last 19 Merseyside Derbies have ended all square.
- Liverpool are winless in their last five home league matches.
- Everton are unbeaten away from home in seven Premier League fixtures.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 23 meetings with Everton in all competitions.
- Everton are winless in their last 20 Premier League games against Liverpool.
- Everton are unbeaten in each of their last seven Premier League away games, but haven’t won at Anfield since 1999.
- Everton’s current 20-match winless streak against Liverpool in the top flight is their worst against a single opponent.
Liverpool are unbeaten in the past 23 meetings in all competitions (W11, D12). It’s the longest run without defeat against an opponent in their history.
This is the most drawn fixture in Premier League history, with 24 matches ending level.
The head-to-head record makes for pretty somber reading for the Toffees as their last win against Liverpool came way back in 2010 at Goodison Park.
Since 2010, only stalemates have given Evertonians some joy against their neighbors. Liverpool have won three and drawn three of their last six meetings with Everton.
Both teams are playing far from their best football, but they are likely to dispense with any caginess in the derby. Liverpool were given a stern test by Leipzig, who played a pressing game.
Everton also came up against a quality attacking side in the form of Manchester City and were beaten 3-1. They could once again fall short against Liverpool, who have a good derby record against the Toffees at home.
Our Prediction: Liverpool @ 1.50
Source: BetInAsia Black