Tottenham Hotspur will be looking to bounce back from successive Premier League defeats when they continue their 2020-21 campaign away to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday night.
Wolverhampton Wanderers welcome Tottenham Hotspur to Molineux on Sunday, with both teams looking to bounce back from defeats last weekend.
Spurs have lost their last two in the league to Liverpool and Leicester City, which has seen them drop down into sixth position in the table, while Wolves currently occupy 11th position.
Tottenham have slipped from being top of the league to sixth position after just two losses. After a last-minute Roberto Firmino gave Liverpool a 2-1 win over Spurs, Jose Mourinho’s side were outplayed at home by Leicester City, as they lost 2-0.
In midweek, Tottenham managed to beat Stoke 3-1 to qualify for the semifinal of the Carabao Cup, where they will face Brentford.
As for Wolves, they are searching for consistency. The last time they played at home, they produced a fabulous second-half performance to beat Chelsea 2-1, with Pedro Neto scoring the winner in injury time. However, on Monday, they went to Turf Moor and were second best for large parts of the game, which they eventually lost 2-1.
Reason for Wolverhampton vs Tottenham predictions:
- Wolves have lost just four of their last 17 Premier League home games.
- Tottenham have won only one of their last five Premier League assignments.
- Wolves avoided defeat in four of their last five league home matches.
- Wanderers are averaging 1.14 and conceding 1.0 goals per game at Molineux this season.
- Since their return to the Premier League in 2018, Wolves have won 17 of their 19 Premier League home games when scoring the first goal, drawing the other two.
- After four clean sheets in their first seven league fixtures of the season, Wolves have conceded in all of their last seven.
- Tottenham could lose three league matches in a row for the first time since November 2012.
- Tottenham won their opening four away league matches of the season but have not won any of the last three (D2, L1).
Tottenham have won 48 of the 97 games that they have played against Wolves. The side from the Midlands have beaten Spurs only 29 times, while 20 games have ended in draws before.
Five of the last six meetings have been won by the away side, with Tottenham’s 3-1 win in 2010 the last victory earned by the home team.
Spurs have won their last three league games away to Wolves, scoring at least twice each time. Wolves twice came from behind to win 3-2 at Spurs in the most recent meeting in March.
With chances likely to be limited for both teams on Sunday, a single goal each and a share of the spoils looks an outcome worth backing when Wolves and Tottenham teams searching for final third fluency face off.
Without Jimenez, Wolves are struggling to find a consistent source of goals, even though they have beaten some good teams without the Mexican. We are predicting that they will fall just short against Spurs at Molineux on Sunday.
Our Prediction: Draw @ 3.37
Source: BetInAsia Black