A place in the EFL Cup final will be at stake when Tottenham and Brentford face each other at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on Tuesday evening.
Tottenham Hotspur and Brentford square off in the EFL Cup semi-finals on Tuesday night as both clubs look to move a step closer to claiming the first silverware of 2020-21.
While Spurs returned to the top four in the Premier League table on Saturday with victory over Leeds United, the Bees hold fourth spot in the Championship after their fixture with Bristol City was postponed.
Spurs head into the match following a 3-0 Premier League win over Leeds United and they are high on confidence ahead of the visit of Brentford.
The Championship side, on the other hand, are on a three-game winning run in the league, but Spurs are likely to pose a much bigger threat for the visiting team than their previous rivals.
The Premier League side have only been required to come through two fixtures to reach this stage of the EFL Cup, three games fewer than their next opponents.
Reason for Tottenham vs. Brentford predictions:
- Brentford have scored 13 goals in their last six games.
- The visitors have seen both teams score in five of those six.
- Tottenham have kept one clean sheet in six games.
- Brentford are heading into this game on the back of a 15 game unbeaten streak in all competitions.
- Tottenham are undefeated in their last ten matches against Brentford across all competitions. The last time the Lilywhites lost against the Bees was in 1948.
- Brentford have beaten four Premier League clubs on their way to the semi-final of the Carabao Cup – Southampton, West Ham, Fulham and Newcastle United.
- Brentford are featuring in their first ever League Cup semi-final, becoming the 59th team to reach this stage. The last time a team reached this stage for the first time and progressed to the final was in 2012-13.
- Spurs are participating in their 16th League Cup semi-final, progressing from eight of their previous 15 attempts, most recently in 2014/15.
This will be the 42nd meeting between Tottenham and Brentford. The head-to-head record between the two reads 22 wins for Spurs and 6 for the Bees.
This is the fourth time Spurs and Brentford will meet in the League Cup, with all previous three meetings coming across two legs in the second round in 1992-93, 1998-99 and 2000-01, with Spurs going through each time.
Tottenham last met Brentford in the 2000-01 edition of the League Cup. The Bees secured a 0-0 draw in the first leg of the second round tie, only to be beaten 2-0 at White Hart Lane a week later.
Having been provided with a much-deserved break over the weekend, we expect Brentford to be firing on all cylinders at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. However, regardless of the amount of that which are made by Mourinho, Spurs should have enough in the tank to edge their way into the final.
Our Prediction: Tottenham @ 1.45
Source: BetInAsia Black