Tottenham Hotspur welcome Aston Villa to the capital for Wednesday evening’s top-flight battle, seeking to consolidate their hold on sixth spot in the Premier League table.
Tottenham have been inconsistent with most of their points picked up at home. They have won eight of their last nine matches at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Spurs are currently sixth in the league, tied on points with West Ham in seventh and four points behind Liverpool in fifth.
Aston Villa have fallen off the pace recently and are currently 11th in the table, four points behind Leeds United in 10th.
Dean Smith’s side have been in terrible form of late, winning only two of their last 12 league games, those coming against Fulham and Everton. Villa have nothing to play for at this point in the campaign, but will be looking to end their season on a high.
Tottenham vs Aston Villa Predictions:
- Tottenham have won 8 of their last 9 home matches (all competitions).
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored 7 goals in his last 6 home matches (all competitions).
- Tottenham have won 12 of their last 13 matches against Aston Villa (all competitions).
- Tottenham’s Harry Kane has scored 6 goals in his last 4 matches against Aston Villa (Premier League).
- Tottenham have kept only three clean sheets in their last ten league matches.
- Aston Villa have seen BTTS in 7 of their last 8 matches (Premier League).
- Aston Villa have lost 3 of their last 5 away matches (Premier League).
- Aston Villa have lost 12 of their last 13 meetings with Tottenham in all competitions.
- Aston Villa have won their final away league games in just one of the last 18 season.
Tottenham have dominated the recent head-to-head record between the two sides, having won their last five league meetings against Aston Villa.
Tottenham have a 75-56 advantage against Aston Villa with 36 draws in 167 matches.
Tottenham won 12 of the last 13 encounters including 2-0 winners in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
Tottenham could set a new club record of six straight wins against Aston Villa.
Tottenham are looking to complete their seventh Premier League double over Aston Villa, something they’ve only done as many times in the competition against Everton and Manchester City.
Both teams play high-paced attacking football, which should make for an exciting contest on Wednesday.
Tottenham have been on fire at home where they can continue winning against Aston Villa.
We expect Tottenham to have enough firepower to get past Aston Villa.
Our prediction: Tottenham win @ 1.56