Under pressure French champions Paris Saint–Germain host RB Leipzig at the Parc des Princes in the fourth UEFA Champions League group stage match of the season.
PSG coach Thomas Tuchel is under some pressure after an inconsistent run of results this season.
The hosts have lost two of their three matches in the competition and sit three points behind Leipzig in third place.
The hosts have only managed to come out on top once in their three European games so far, whereas Leipzig have triumphed twice to sit three points above their gameweek four opponents.
PSG lost 1-0 to Bayern Munich in the 2019 UEFA Champions League final. Paris Saint-Germain then won five league matches in a row, only conceding one goal in that period.
RB Leipzig have had a good start to this season with five wins and two draws in their eight Bundesliga matches.
Reason for PSG vs Leipzig predictions:
- PSG have won four of their last five home games in all competitions.
- RB Leipzig are without a win in three away games, losing two of them.
- PSG have kept a clean sheet in eight of their nine competitive victories this season.
- PSG have seen over 2.5 goals in 8 of their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- RB Leipzig have seen under 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 5 away matches (all competitions).
PSG and RB Leipzig have only met twice before. Last season PSG knocked RB Leipzig out of the UEFA Champions League semi-final with a 3-0 victory.
Neymar’s return is massive for PSG in this game. Both him and Mbappe missed the last game against RB Leipzig, which hurt the French champions’ chances in that encounter.
With the two superstars back in the side, we are predicting a win for Tuchel’s men.
We’re not expecting quite such a comprehensive victory for the French side, but PSG’s excellent home record does make a home win look appealing.
Our Prediction: Under 9.5 Corn-O/U (FT) @ 1.853