Two clubs without a point on the board in the 2020-21 Ligue 1 campaign will lock horns on Wednesday evening as Paris Saint-Germain welcome Metz to the Parc des Princes.
Paris Saint-Germain will be looking to make amends for a heart-breaking loss to Olympique Marseille when they take on Metz in a postponed fixture.
PSG were involved in a remarkable game at the weekend against fierce rivals Marseille when they lost 1-0. This was the first time that PSG has lost against Marseille since 2011.
Metz are one place above PSG but they have also lost their first two games. They have had a tough start to the league having already to play Monaco and Lille and now PSG.
PSG vs. Metz Head to Head:
- The last time PSG played Metz in Paris they won 5-0.
- PSG have scored 12 goals against Metz in their last 3 meetings.
- PSG have won the last 9 meetings in a row.
- Metz have not beaten PSG since 2006.
- PSG have won their last eight Ligue 1 games against FC Metz and have scored 27 goals.
- Metz have lost four of their last seven matches in Ligue 1.
- Paris Saint-Germain have lost their last two games in Ligue 1.
- Metz have won just two of their last 11 away Ligue 1 matches.
PSG have won their last nine against Metz in all competitions and enjoyed a 2-0 victory when the sides met last season, while Les Grenats have not beaten the champions since the 2005-06 campaign.
After the hurtful defeat against Marseille, PSG will be baying for blood when they take the field on Wednesday. And even though they will be without a host of star players, the added motivation and drive to prove themselves after a poor start should see them pull through to a victory over a Metz side that is also yet to register any points.
Our prediction: Under 2.5, 3.0 (Goal Line) @ 1.97