Northampton Town and Oxford United face each other in a postponed fixture at Sixfields Stadium.
Northampton Town will be looking for an improved result here after a 0-1 League One loss in their previous game against Crewe Alexandra.
The home side, who are currently 22nd in the table, will enter the contest off the back of a 1-0 loss to Crewe Alexandra, while 11th-placed Oxford suffered a 2-0 defeat to Blackpool.
Northampton were promoted to League One last season via the League Two playoffs, but the Cobblers are facing the possibility of dropping back into the fourth tier of English football for 2021-22.
The loss has left the Cobblers down in 22nd position in the table, having picked up just 33 points from their 36 matches courtesy of a record of eight wins, nine draws and 19 defeats.
The strugglers are only one point behind 20th-placed Bristol Rovers.
Northampton have actually won five of their last eight matches with Oxford in all competitions.
Oxford, on the other side, will enter the contest off the back of a 2-0 home defeat to Blackpool on Saturday.
Oxford are only three points off the top six at this stage.
Northampton Town vs. Oxford United stats:
- Northampton Town lead the head to head tie by five wins going into the 27th encounter with the U’s.
- It is interesting to note that just 3 of 26 H2H matches ended without a winner.
- Oxford United celebrated a demolishing 4-0 victory when these two outfits last played each other in mid-December last year at The Kassam Stadium.
- Northampton Town have not won against Oxford United in their previous 2 league matches.
- Oxford United haven’t beaten Northampton Town in away games against them for the last 3 matches in the league.
- Oxford United haven’t been defeated by Northampton Town when they’ve played them away from home in the last 2 matches in the league.
- Oxford United are unbeaten in their previous 2 away league matches.
The last league meeting featuring these sides was League One which finished with the scoreline of Oxford United 4-0 Northampton Town.
Both teams will be desperate to bounce back from weekend defeats.
Oxford are within touching distance of the playoffs, and we believe that the visitors will have enough to edge out a victory over their relegation-threatened opponents.
Our Prediction: Oxford to win @ 2.15
Source: BetInAsia Black