Marseille and Servette will meet for a friendly game on Wednesday.
Both teams are early in their pre-season training, with the French side being very active in the transfer window, acquiring the likes of Pau Lopez and Cengiz Under from Roma, Konrad de la Fuente from Barcelona and Matteo Guendonzi among others.
Marseille have been involved in two pre-season friendlies in the summer so far and won them both, as they faced lower level opposition. The French giants finished the last Ligue 1 campaign on a high and as of now have lost just one of the last ten meetings.
Servette have failed to win any of the three exhibition games this summer and are without a win in four straight meetings Servette’s most recent clash was against the Ukrainians from Dynamo Kyiv on Saturday and ended in 1:1 stalemate. The team has won just one of its last eight encounters and conceded more than a goal in four of those matches.
Marseille vs Servette predictions:
- Marseille has not lost in each of their last 8 home games.
- Marseille has not lost (in reg.time) in each of their last 8 home games.
- Marseille has scored in each of their last 8 home games.
- Marseille has scored (in reg.time) in each of their last 8 home games.
- Marseille has conceded in 22 of the last 24 home games.
- Marseille has scored and conceded in 6 of the last 7 games.
- There have been over 1.5 goals scored (in reg.time) in 9 of the last 10 games.
- Servette has conceded in 15 of the last 16 games.
- Servette has conceded (in reg.time) in 15 of the last 16 games.
- Servette has scored less than 2.5 goals (in reg.time) in 6 of the last 7 games.
- There have been over 1.5 goals scored (in reg.time) in 7 of the last 8 away games.
Servette took the third position in the Swiss championship, almost leaving the European Cup zone at the very last moment. For several months now, the team has been experiencing serious problems with the game, which, have not been solved to this day.
After a shock start in the domestic championship, Marseille completely failed at the end of the season, which allowed him to count only on the final fifth place in the standings. The French club was clearly annoyed by such an unsuccessful performance, so the summer training camps were of great importance for him.
Marseille should finish this fight in his favor on the class. Most likely, the nominal owners will immediately take control of the meeting, and then calmly achieve the desired result.
Our prediction: Marseille win @ 1.43