Dundee will look to continue their proud tradition in the League Cup on Tuesday when they meet Brora Rangers at Dens Park.
The last major trophy the club lifted back in 1973/74, Dundee have been finalists twice since then and made the last four on three occasions.
The Dark Blues faced Highland League Brora in last season’s competition, winning 2-0 on the road, and will be confident of victory when they host the rematch.
Dundee vs Brora Rangers predictions:
- Dundee have kept clean sheets in three of their last four home League Cup ties and won their most recent one by a score of 3-0.
- Dundee score 12 goals in the last 5 games.
- Brora Rangers score 4 goals in the last 5 games.
- Brora Rangers lost 3-0 to League One Montrose on Saturday.
- Brora Rangers have conceded three goals in each of their last three League Cup away ties.
Dundee are hoping to win again after their last result, a 1-2 Premiership Play-offs victory against Kilmarnock.
After tasting defeat last time out to Montrose in League Cup action, Brora Rangers and their travelling fans will hope for a better result here.
It looks to us that Dundee have it within them to dominate on the ball and be rewarded with decent chances.
At the other end, Brora Rangers could well struggle to score but we do fancy them converting at least once here.
That’s why we are taking the hosts to win comfortably on Tuesday.
Our prediction: Dundee win @ 1.07