Manchester City will be looking to make it 20 straight wins in all competitions when they continue their Premier League campaign at home to top-four chasing West Ham United on Saturday afternoon.
The Cityzens have demonstrated impeccable form and consistency over the last 90 days or so and are clearly head and shoulders ahead of the chasing pack in the division.
The sheer comfort and ease with which they dispatched Borussia Monchengladbach 2-0 in their Champions League encounter speaks volumes of the confidence within the ranks of Pep Guardiola’s marches.
In West Ham, they face one of the most in-form sides across the division. The Hammers have displayed their resilience and steel of late, having secured eight wins in their last nine Premier League matches.
The Citizens have the best home record in England’s top flight this term, picking up 29 points from 12 matches, while they have not lost to West Ham in the Premier League for almost six years.
The Hammers are only two points clear of fifth-placed Chelsea and sit just five points clear of seventh-placed Everton.
Manchester City vs.West Ham United predictions:
- Man City have won 19 consecutive matches (all competitions).
- They are unbeaten in 26 games across all competitions.
- Man City have won to nil in their last 7 home matches (all competitions).
- Man City have seen over 2.5 goals in 4 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Man City have scored at 2+ goals in 10 of their last 12 home matches against West Ham (all competitions).
- Their tally of 15 clean sheets is the most by any team after 25 top-flight games since 2008-09.
- West Ham have lost their last 4 away matches against Man City (Premier League).
- West Ham have not scored in their last 2 away matches (all competitions).
- West Ham have seen over 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 7 matches (Premier League).
- West Ham have won seven of their nine Premier League games in 2021.
- The Hammers are in the top four after 25 top-flight matches for the first time since 1986, when they finished third.
These two sides have faced each other 113 times and City have a 58-37 advantage over West Ham, with 18 matches ending in a draw.
The hosts have won 10 of their last 11 home games against the Irons, while Guardiola and co. have shipped just three goals in 15 home outings this term.
West Ham are winless in 11 games against Manchester City in all competitions since a 2-1 league victory at Etihad Stadium in September 2015.
The 1-1 draw in this season’s reverse fixture in October ended City’s nine-match winning run against the Hammers.
Manchester City have scored in 19 successive league and cup games against West Ham.
Manchester City’s possession-based football will have to wear West Ham down if they are to breach Fabianski’s defensive line.
West Ham deserve a lot of respect and there is no question that the Hammers are currently in the race for a Champions League spot. It is just so difficult to back against City at the moment, though and we fancy Guardiola’s side to collect all three points courtesy of a narrow success at the Etihad Stadium.
It should be a tight contest and City will have the edge, but West Ham could push them all the way – so watch this space.
Our Prediction: Manchester City @ 1.25
Source: BetInAsia Black