The Premier League is back in action with another round of matches this weekend as Aston Villa take on Leeds United at Elland Road on Saturday. Both teams have been impressive at times this season and will want to win this fixture.
Leeds United are currently in 10th place in the Premier League standings and have been fairly inconsistent this season.
Aston Villa are in eighth place in the Premier League table at the moment and have endured a slump in recent weeks. Dean Smith’s side are on their worst run of the season, with just one win in their last four matches.
The Whites eased to a 3-0 win over Southampton last time out, while an out-of-sorts Villa succumbed to a 2-1 defeat to Leicester City.
- Leeds can win three Premier League home games in a row for the first time since a run of five from April to August 2001.
- In any of their past 16 league fixtures: Leeds have won eight and lost eight.
- Leeds have scored 43 league goals, their highest tally after 25 matches of a top-flight season since they won the title in 1991-92.
- Aston Villa have won just one of their past six away league matches, in contrast to five victories in their opening six trips this season.
- All but one of their 11 league victories this season has been earned with a clean sheet, but Villa have lost nine of the 11 matches in which they’ve conceded.
- Since Villa returned to the top flight in 2019, they have lost 2-1 in all three Premier League fixtures without Jack Grealish.
- Aston Villa have lost 3 of their last 5 away matches (Premier League).
Aston Villa have a good record against Leeds United and have won 39 matches out of a total of 101 games played between the two teams. Leeds United have managed only 30 victories against Aston Villa and will want to win this game.
The previous meeting between the two teams last year ended in a stunning 3-0 victory for Leeds United, with striker Patrick Bamford scoring a hat-trick at Villa Park.
With Jack Grealish a doubt for this fixture, the likes of Trezeguet and Ollie Watkins will have to shoulder some of the creative burden for Aston Villa this weekend. Leeds United are known for their all-action style of play and are unlikely to give their opponents a moment’s rest on Saturday.
Patrick Bamford has been sensational for Marcelo Bielsa’s side this season and will be looking to add to his goal tally in this fixture. With the talismanic Grealish an injury risk, Leeds United hold a slight upper hand going into this fixture.
Our Prediction: Leeds United @ 2.27
Source: BetInAsia Black