Manchester City vs. Arsenal: prediction and team news / Premier League
Manchester City bounced back strongly against Norwich, after the opening loss to Tottenham Hotspur in their Premier League title defence and in the third week of matches, they face Arsenal.
Manchester City’s disappointing start to the season could be set to continue as they return from the international break with even more selection issues.
Arsenal, meanwhile, have started the season in excellent fashion with three wins from four so far, only failing when they came up against reigning champions Liverpool at Anfield.
They go into this game from a 6-0 win over second tier side West Bromwich Albion in the League Cup.
Man City vs Arsenal predictions:
- Arsenal have conceded three first half goals in their opening two league matches.
- Arsenal are winless in the last three meetings with Manchester City.
- Manchester City have scored five goals in three of their last five league games at home.
- Manchester City have six wins in their last 10 league matches.
- Both teams have scored in six of these teams’ combined seven Premier League matches this season.
- Both Arsenal and Manchester City have averaged exactly two goals per game this season.
Arsenal have had a poor start to the season and while the win over West Brom will ease the pressure, there’s really little hope for them to win at the Etihad.
Both of these sides have been shaky at the back this season, and we can expect plenty of attacking action at both ends of the pitch here. Both teams have scored in all three of Manchester City’s top flight matches, and the last time Arsenal saw a clean sheet was in their 3-0 win over Fulham on the opening day of the season.
Our prediction: Man City win @ 1.27