Leicester City are set to play host to Newcastle United at the King Power Stadium on Friday for their latest English Premier League fixture.
Leicester are currently third in the table, five points ahead of fifth-placed West Ham United, while Newcastle occupy 17th position, nine points clear of 18th-placed Fulham.
Leicester were held to a 1-1 draw away at Southampton on Friday, the Foxes winning thee of their last four matches in all competitions.
The Foxes beat Southampton to reach the FA Cup final before recording back-to-back home wins in the Premier League against West Brom and Crystal Palace.
Leicester are still in a strong spot when it comes to securing a top-four finish, but the Foxes missed the chance to record a huge three points away to Southampton last time out.
Newcastle lost 2-0 at home to Arsenal on Sunday, ending their four-match unbeaten run in the Premier League.
Steve Bruce’s side have been poor on the road, winless in five of their last six away and losing 10 of their last 14 in all competitions.
Leicester vs Newcastle Predictions:
- Leicester have won 5 of their last 6 home matches (all competitions).
- Leicester’s Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 12 goals in his last 10 matches (all competitions).
- Leicester have won 9 of their last 12 matches against Newcastle (all competitions).
- Leicester have won 4 of their last 6 home matches against Newcastle (all competitions).
- The Foxes have lost seven home league matches this season.
- Newcastle have lost 10 of their last 14 away matches (all competitions).
- Newcastle have lost all six Premier League fixtures this season against the teams currently in the top four of the table.
- They have taken four points from their past two away matches, as many as they had in their previous 10 attempts.
In 15 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Leicester City hold the clear advantage. They have won 10 games, lost four and drawn one.
Newcastle have a 53-48 advantage over Leicester with 27 matches drawn.
Newcastle are aiming for a 50th league win against Leicester. Only Manchester United, Arsenal, West Ham and Birmingham have won more often against the Foxes.
The two clubs last faced each other earlier this year in the English Premier League, with Leicester City beating Newcastle United 2-1.
Newcastle will finish the season with matches against Man City (H), Sheffield United (H) and Fulham (A), and the final game at Craven Cottage could yet be decisive if the Magpies lose their next three.
Leicester City are currently 3rd in the Premier League, four points behind Manchester United who have a game in hand. The Foxes have done well to be where they are in the table, but need to ensure that they play Champions League football next season.
Newcastle United, on the other hand, are 17th in the league table. They are nine points ahead of 18th-placed Fulham, and the intense criticism Steve Bruce endured for some time has reduced a little now.
Leicester are in fine form and have an excellent recent record against Newcastle.
Our prediction: Leicester City win @ 1.44