Arsenal face a tough test against an in-form Leicester City side in the third round of the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night.
The winner of the all-Premier League affair will take on either Lincoln City or Liverpool next week for a place in the quarter-finals.
Leicester and Arsenal have both made impressive starts to their Premier League campaigns by winning two games from two.
The Foxes have begun the season well and are top of the table on goal difference after winning 3-0 away to West Bromwich Albion and 4-2 at home to Burnley.
Arsenal also have a 100 per cent league record thanks to a 3-0 win at Fulham and a 2-1 win at home to West Ham United.
This will be the 144th meeting between these two sides, with Arsenal taking the lion’s share of the victories to date.
Reason for Leicester vs. Arsenal predictions:
- Arsenal lost four of their visits to the top six last term.
- Leicester have won their last three home meetings with Arsenal.
- The Foxes have won both games in the league so far, scoring seven times.
- Jamie Vardy has 10 goals in 10 meetings with Arsenal.
- Their previous encounter resulted in a 1-1 draw.
- Only two of their last ten matches have ended in a draw.
- The host is unbeaten at home for the past four fixtures.
- The Gunners haven’t scored in three of their last five visits.
- Leicester have picked up the win 20 times while a draw has been played out 32 times.
The Gunners have emerged victorious on 66 occasions, while Leicester have come away with 32 wins, alongside 45 draws.
Leicester ran out 2-0 winners when the pair met at the King Power Stadium last season, with Arsenal failing to defeat the Foxes since a 3-1 win back in October 2018.
The Foxes and the Gunners have played each other a grand total of 102 times, with the London side possessing the edge thanks to 50 wins.
This will be just the third time Leicester and Arsenal have met in the EFL Cup, sharing a win apiece in those previous two encounters.
Arsenal are winless in their last three games against Leicester and have lost three in a row at the King Power Stadium. Arsenal have been impressive in the way they’ve managed to get the job done of late.
We can see the Gunners’ squad depth telling in a narrow away victory.
Our prediction: Leicester 1-2 Arsenal