Fleetwood vs Hull – Hull to continue perfect start in League One!?
Fleetwood Town host high-flying Hull City in EFL League One at Highbury Stadium on Friday night. Hull have started life back in the third tier with four straight wins, Fleetwood have lost three in a row since winning their season opener.
Fleetwood showed no hangover of missing out on promotion in the play-off final last season as they won their opening game. A 2-1 League One victory over Burton followed earlier EFL Trophy and Carabao Cup wins over Carlisle (3-1) and Wigan (3-2) repsectively.
Hull have made the perfect start to the League One season with four wins from four for Grant McCann’s side. The Tigers are yet to concede a goal in the league and sit second behind only Lincoln City.
In cup competitions, Hull reached the third round of the Carabao Cup after beating Sunderland and Leeds on penalties. They lost to West Ham 5-1, and also went down 2-1 to Leicester City U21s in the EFL Trophy.
Reason for Fleetwood vs Hull predictions:
- Fleetwood have lost their last three League One games.
- Hull have won all four games in the league so far.
- Hull have kept four straight clean sheets in the league.
- Fleetwood have scored 2 goals or more in 9 of their last 20 home games. Hull have scored 1 goal or less in 11 of their last 20 away league games.
- Fleetwood have conceded 1 goal or less in 18 of their last 20 home league games. Hull have conceded at least 2 goals in 12 of their last 20 away games.
- Fleetwood won 7, drew 1 and lost 3 of those games.
- Hull won 2, drew 5 and lost 4 of those games.
- Hull City have seen under 2.5 goals in 6 of their 8 matches this season (all competitions).
Fleetwood made a fast start to the season with four straight wins in all competitions, but they find themselves in the relegation zone in League One going into this weekend’s clash.
Joey Barton’s side have seen the wheels come off thanks to three straight league defeats.
Meanwhile, they meet a Hull side who have made an excellent recovery from their relegation from the Championship. The Tigers come here with a 100% record, keeping a clean sheet in each of their wins.
Our predictions back an away win alongside victory for the Tigers.
Hull City FC +0.0 @ 1.793