Both Everton and Tottenham Hotspur will be looking to give their hopes of finishing in top four a boost when they meet at Goodison Park in the Premier League on Friday night.
Just as they were cruising towards a place in the top four, Spurs have dropped points in each of their last two league outings.
Everton are currently eighth in the table, seven points behind fourth-placed West Ham United, while Tottenham occupy seventh position, six points off the Champions League positions.
Everton, who illuminate this fixture by being only one point off Spurs, are winless in their last five matches across all competitions.
Everton drew 0-0 with Brighton on Monday, extending the Toffees’ winless run to four matches in the Premier League.
At Goodison Park, the Toffees are winless in seven of their last eight matches, dropping points against Fulham, Newcastle, West Ham, Leicester and Burnley.
Tottenham lost 3-1 at home to Man United on Sunday, their third defeat in five matches.
Spurs are winless in three of their last four in the Premier League, leaving them six points off the Champions League places.
Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur predictions:
- Tottenham are unbeaten in 15 previous meetings with Everton.
- Both teams scored in nine of Spurs’ last 13 Premier League games.
- Both teams registered in 10 of Everton’s last 16 Premier League fixtures.
- Both teams found the net in three of the last four meetings between Spurs and Everton.
- Everton are winless in their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Everton are winless in 7 of their last 8 home matches (Premier League).
- Everton have seen under 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 8 matches (all competitions).
- Everton have drawn 5 of their last 8 home matches against Tottenham (all competitions).
- Everton have drawn 1-1 in 3 of their last 5 home matches against Tottenham (Premier League).
- Everton have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches against Tottenham (all competitions)
- Tottenham are winless in 4 of their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Tottenham are winless in 5 of their last 7 away matches (Premier League).
Tottenham have a 68-57 advantage against Everton in 181 matches. Everton beat Spurs 5-4 after extra time in the FA Cup fifth round in their most recent meeting.
Everton have won 56 matches and drawn 57 against Tottenham. Spurs, however, have the upper hand against their hosts, having earned 68 wins. As mentioned, Tottenham have been dominant at Goodison Park in recent fixtures.
Everton have lost seven of their 15 league games at Goodison Park this term, but they have already beaten Spurs twice this season – once in the Premier League and once in the FA Cup.
Tottenham, meanwhile, have only won one of their last four in the Premier League and will enter this match off the back of a 3-1 defeat to Manchester United on Sunday.
The fact that both teams have lost their rhythm during this key juncture of the season is what makes this fixture so unpredictable.
Everton’s defensive porosity and Harry Kane’s lethal finishing could prove to be the difference between the two teams. We expect Spurs to edge Ancelotti’s men on the evening.
Our prediction: Tottenham win @ 2.27