Wednesday’s all-Premier League fifth-round tie between Everton and Tottenham Hotspur at Goodison Park brings together two clubs who have not lifted the FA Cup since the 1990s.
Both teams have blown hot and cold this season and have a point to prove in this fixture.
Everton are currently in seventh place in the Premier League standings and have been inconsistent at best this season. The Merseyside outfit played out an exhilarating 3-3 draw with Manchester United over the weekend and will want to put in a better performance in this match.
Tottenham Hotspur arrested their recent slump with a comfortable 2-0 victory over West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.
The Spurs have failed to meet their potential this season and will need to take it up a notch in the FA Cup.
This will be Spurs’ first visit of the season to Goodison Park.
Reason for Everton vs Tottenham Hotspur predictions:
- Everton have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight matches.
- Tottenham have kept just one clean sheet in their last seven fixtures.
- Everton have lost just one of their last seven games.
- Tottenham were beaten in three of their last four assignments.
- Everton have won just two of their last five matches.
- Tottenham are the side who have created more big chances than any other teams in the FA Cup this season – 10.
- Everton are looking to reach the FA Cup quarter-final for the first time since 2015-16. They have lost their past four ties in the competition against fellow Premier League opponents.
This is the first FA Cup meeting between Everton and Tottenham since the 1994-95 semi-final, with the Toffees winning 4-1.
Tottenham Hotspur have a good record against Everton and have won 68 games out of a total of 180 matches played between the two teams. Everton have managed 56 victories against the Spurs and will want to cut the deficit this week.
The previous meeting between the two teams took place in the Premier League last year and ended in a narrow 1-0 victory for Everton.
Everton have exceeded expectations under Carlo Ancelotti this season and have built a formidable squad. The Toffees will be presented with a stern challenge this week and have plenty of work to do ahead of this fixture.
With Harry Kane, Jose Mourinho can make full use of his bench strength against Everton this week. The Spurs have several attacking options at their disposal and hold a slight edge over Everton going into this match.
Our Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur @ 2.84
Source: BetInAsia Black