Everton vs Manchester City: prediction, preview, team news and more
Manchester City travel to an inconsistent Everton side as they look to make it 17 straight victories in all competitions at Goodison Park on Wednesday.
The hosts have just one win from their last five league fixtures while the visitors are unbeaten in the league since November.
The visitors make the trip to Goodison Park having won their last nine on the road in all competitions – five in the Premier League – and City are expected to prolong Everton’s misery on home soil with a 17th win on the trot this week, with recent history suggesting that they can do exactly that.
Reason for Everton vs Manchester City predictions:
- Manchester City could become the first team in top-flight history to win their opening 10 matches of a calendar year.
- Man City have kept nine clean sheets in their last 11 league games.
- Everton have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League home games.
- Everton could lose three Premier League home games in a row for the first time since March 2016.
- Man City have won 16 games in a row in all competitions.
- Man City have won each of their last five Premier League away fixtures.
- City are unbeaten in 23 competitive games since a 2-0 defeat by Spurs in November.
- They have conceded just six goals in those 23 fixtures.
There have been 188 meetings between the two sides across all competitions so far. The Cityzens have been the dominant side in recent fixtures, but the head-to-head record is pretty even at this point.
Everton have lost five successive matches against Manchester City, their longest sequence of defeats in 121 years of this top-flight fixture.
Everton’s most recent win, at home in January 2017, is one of only two victories in the last 16 meetings in all competitions.
The Toffees have 68 wins to their name, while the visitors have recorded 73 wins against the Merseyside club. City are on a five-game winning streak against Everton.
Their last encounter came in the 2019-20 Premier League campaign at the Etihad Stadium in January last year. Pep Guardiola’s men recorded a 2-1 win in that fixture.
Manchester City have hit a rich vein of form in recent fixtures. They are unbeaten in their last 16 games across all competitions and have opened up a sizeable gap at the top of the table.
We predict another win for the runaway leaders as they look to make it 12 wins in a row in the English top-flight.
Our Prediction: Manchester City @ 1.35
Source: BetInAsia Black