UEFA Champions League and Bundesliga winners Bayern Munich host Duren in the German Cup on Thursday. The Bavarians have the luxury of playing at home, not that they need it against the 5th division club.
Duren won both matches at home in the Regional Cup Mittelrhein, defeating Viktoria Arnoldsweiler 2-0 and Alemannia Aachen 2-0 to qualify for the German Cup. They have played three matches this season, all wins.
Bayern Munich dominated football in 2020, winning 29 of their 31 competitive matches. The Bavarians won their eighth straight Bundesliga title, 20th German Cup, third UEFA Champions League title, second UEFA Super Cup and eighth German Super Cup.
FC Bayern beat Barcelona 8-2 in the Champions League and Schalke 8-0 in their opening Bundesliga match of the season to highlight their quality. They beat Sevilla 2-1 in to claim the UEFA Super Cup.
Bayern’s last match was a 4-3 win against Hertha Berlin in Munich.
Duren vs Bayern Munich Stats:
- There are 142 places between Bayern – fourth in the Bundesliga – and Duren – sixth in the Mittelrhein Oberliga – on the German league pyramid.
- Bayern Munich have won 29 of their last 31 competitive matches (all competitions).
- Lewandowski is the first player in history to win a continental treble whilst top scoring in each competition: 34 goals in the Bundesliga, six in the DFB Cup and 15 in the Champions League.
- Bayern Munich have seen over 4.5 goals in their last 3 matches (all competitions).
- Duren have won their last 5 competitive matches (all competitions).
- Duren have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 5 competitive matches (all competitions).
This will be the first match between Duren and Bayern Munich.
There is a huge gulf in class between 5th division Duren and Bayern Munich.
In the German Cup since 2016 FC Bayern have beaten Carl Zeiss Jena 5-0, Chemnitzer 5-0 and Paderborn 6-0.
After a thorough analysis of stats, this is Our Prediction:
Bayern Munich for the Winner of the match.
Duren +5.0 @ 2.1