Both sides began their Nations League campaigns on Saturday, but came away with differing results.
Denmark won two and drew two of their four group matches against Wales and the Republic of Ireland in the 2018-19 UEFA Nations League.
England finished third in the 2018-19 UEFA Nations League, impressively winning a group that contained Spain and Croatia before losing to Netherlands in the semi-finals of the competition.
Reason for Denmark vs. England predictions:
- Denmark have scored in nine of their last 11 games.
- England have conceded in eight of their last 14 away from Wembley.
- England have won six of their last seven competitive matches.
- The visitor has recorded three of the overall five wins.
- Three of their recent four fixtures have seen both teams score.
- Their previous encounter gave a 1-0 home win for England.
- Only two of their overall 12 meetings have ended in a draw.
England’s record is largely strong against Denmark. They’ve played the Scandinavians on 19 occasions in the past, winning on 12 of them – including in the 2002 World Cup’s Round of 16.
Denmark also scored 23 goals.
England also impressed in Euro 2020 qualifying, scoring more goals – 37 – than any other European side barring Belgium. England will look to make it two wins from their opening two Uefa Nations League games.
This should be a close game to call given the talents of both sides and the fact that many of the Denmark players star in England’s Premier League.
England were fortunate to beat Iceland on Saturday, and it promises to be a much tougher test against Denmark, who have only lost one of their last 16 matches in all competitions. The Danes unbeaten run has come to an end and confidence will have taken a hit.
Our prediction: Denmark +0.5 @ 1.82