The UEFA Champions League is back in action with another crucial semi-final clash this week as Real Madrid lock horns with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday.
Both teams gave a good account of themselves last week and have a point to prove in this fixture.
Chelsea are undefeated in 22 of their last 24 matches in all competitions. They are fighting hard for fourth spot in the Premier League and have reached the FA Cup final.
The Blues defeated Fulham by a 2-0 margin over the weekend and will be confident ahead of this game.
Real Madrid have a well-known penchant for big games and could potentially mark an underwhelming season with both the La Liga title and the UEFA Champions League this year.
Real Madrid are undefeated in their last 19 matches in all competitions. They are second in La Liga, two points behind Atletico Madrid and level with Barcelona.
Chelsea vs Real Madrid Predictions:
- Chelsea are undefeated in 22 of their last 24 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have seen under 2.5 goals in 20 of their last 23 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have kept 4 clean sheets in their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Chelsea have seen under 2.5 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches against Real Madrid (all competitions).
- Chelsea have drawn 2 of their last 4 matches against Real Madrid (all competitions).
- Real Madrid are undefeated in their last 19 matches (all competitions).
- Real Madrid are winless in their last four away games against English sides in the UEFA Champions League, scoring only two goals across the four games.
- Real Madrid have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Real Madrid have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Both Real Madrid and Chelsea’s last four matches have featured just three goals in total.
Chelsea will face Real Madrid for the fifth time in European competition. They are unbeaten against them in the previous four. This will be the first time across the five meetings that Chelsea have hosted the Spanish giants.
Chelsea have never welcomed Los Blancos to Stamford Bridge before, as their three meetings with the Spanish side before this season came in the 1998 UEFA Super Cup final and the two-legged final of the 1971 Cup Winners’ Cup, both of which the Blues won.
Real Madrid could seal their place in a 17th European Cup/Champions League final, with their current total of 16 already being the most of any team.
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has only lost four of his 18 home games as a manager in the Champions League, with his sides scoring 48 goals across these fixtures – an average of 2.7 per game.
Chelsea have a 2-0 advantage against Real Madrid with 2 draws in 4 competitive matches.
Real Madrid have a good record against Chelsea and have won two out of three games played between the two teams. Chelsea have never defeated Real Madrid in an official fixture and will look to make history on Wednesday.
The first leg last week ended in a 1-1 draw in Madrid.
Chelsea presented an excellent account of themselves against Real Madrid last week and will need to hold their ground in this fixture. Timo Werner missed a few gilt-edged opportunities in the first leg and has a massive point to prove at Stamford Bridge.
Real Madrid have not been at their best this season and will need to work hard to negate Chelsea’s advantage in the tie. With Tuchel’s robust tactical set-up, Chelsea could plausibly hold their ground in their own backyard and get the better of Los Blancos.
Our prediction: Chelsea win @ 2.21