The UEFA Champions League is back in action with a set of intriguing quarterfinal fixtures this week as Paris Saint-Germain take on Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday. Both teams have had their problems this season and will need to work hard to win this game.
Bayern Munich have not been as clinical as they were last year but have still been a force to reckon with this season.
Bayern Munich have won their last seven matches in all competitions. They won three straight Bundesliga matches either side of victories against Lazio in the UEFA Champions League round of 16.
Paris Saint-Germain got past Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League round of 16. The French champions won 4-1 at Camp Nou before a 1-1 draw in Paris.
PSG have been strong on the road, winning their last seven away matches.
- Bayern Munich have won their last 7 matches (all competitions).
- Bayern Munich have seen BTTS in 6 of their last 7 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- Bayern Munich have seen BTTS in 7 of their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- Bayern Munich are undefeated in 18 of their last 19 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- PSG have won their last 7 away matches (all competitions).
- PSG are undefeated in their last 5 matches (UEFA Champions League).
- PSG have seen BTTS in their last 4 matches (UEFA Champions League).
PSG have a 5-4 advantage against Bayern Munich with no draws in 9 matches.
Bayern Munich have a good record against Paris Saint-Germain and have won four matches out of a total of six games played between the two teams. Paris Saint-Germain have managed two victories against Bayern Munich and can potentially trouble their opponents in this fixture.
The previous meeting between these two teams took place in the UEFA Champions League final last year and ended in a 1-0 victory for Bayern Munich.
Bayern Munich have excellent players at their disposal and the likes of Thomas Muller and Serge Gnabry will have to step up to the plate in the absence of the talismanic Robert Lewandowski. The Bavarians have been impressive in recent weeks and will want to make the most of their purple patch this week.
Paris Saint-Germain will want to bounce back from their defeat against Lille and prove a point in this fixture. Both teams have potent attacking weapons in their ranks and are likely to share the spoils in this match.
BTTS is the best bet here with PSG more than happy with a draw.
Our prediction: Draw @ 3.99