Valencia and Sevilla face each other at Estadio de Mestalla in what is expected to be one of the most exciting games of Tuesday’s program.
Both Valencia and Sevilla will be looking to return to winning ways in Spain’s top flight when they lock horns at Mestalla on Tuesday afternoon.
The hosts held Barcelona in their previous outing, which was their fifth draw in their last seven outings. Valencia returned to La Liga with a 2-2 draw at Barcelona. Sevilla also dropped points against Valladolid after conceding an 87th-minute goal.
Valencia had a slow start to the season but have become hard to beat since November. The Bats are undefeated in seven of their last eight matches but are struggling to win.
Valencia’s only defeat in that run came at home in a 1-0 defeat to Atletico Madrid.
The fact that Valencia have only won three of their 14 La Liga matches this season is a concern, while they have suffered five defeats with Celta Vigo, Real Betis, Villarreal, Elche and Atletico Madrid all beating them in 2020-21.
Sevilla lost 1-0 at home to Real Madrid but bounced back with three straight wins. A 3-1 win at Rennes in the UEFA Champions League was followed with a 1-0 victory at Getafe in La Liga.
Sevilla drew 1-1 at home against Real Valladolid in their last match.
Sevilla’s European involvement means that they have played a lot of football this season and it is a tough end to the year for the club as they face Valencia and Villarreal in back-to-back fixtures.
Valencia vs Sevilla Predictions:
- Valencia are undefeated in 7 of their last 8 matches (all competitions).
- Valencia have drawn their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Valencia have seen BTTS in 8 of their last 10 matches (all competitions)
- Valencia are undefeated in 6 of their last 7 matches against Sevilla (La Liga).
- Valencia have drawn 3 of their last 4 home matches against Sevilla (La Liga).
- Sevilla are undefeated in their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Los Che are unbeaten in their last nine competitive home games against Sevilla, winning six.
- Odds-on favourites Sevilla could only manage a 1-1 draw at home to third-bottom Valladolid on Saturday.
The two teams from either coast have faced each other 162 times across all competitions. Los Che have been the dominant side in this fixture and have a 75-58 advantage against Sevilla with 29 draws in 162 matches.
The Andalusians have been victorious on 58 occasions while 29 games have ended in a draw. The visitors have not been able to beat Valencia at the Mastella since 2012.
Three of the last four meetings in Valencia have been draws including 1-1 last season.
Sevilla have struggled to create goals this season but have made the most of the 14 they have scored. They have won six games and sit seventh in the league table.
Valencia have scored 21 goals but have also conceded 21. The visitors have one of the best defences in the league at the moment.
The hosts have lost just twice at home this term and with their great recent record against Sevilla at the Mastella, we predict that the game will end in a draw.
Our Prediction: Draw @ 3.51
Source: BetInAsia Black