Spain vs Portugal: Spain and Portugal to draw in Madrid
Spain are set to play host to Portugal at the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano on Friday for an international friendly fixture.
La Roja will take on Sweden in their European Championships opener on June 14, while Portugal are preparing for the start of their tournament, which sees them face Hungary on June 15.
Spain come into this game on the back of a 3-1 win over Bernard Challandes’ Kosovo in April in a FIFA World Cup qualifying game.
Spain are undefeated in 21 of their last 22 matches.
Portugal, on the other hand, beat ten-man Luxembourg 3-1 in March in a FIFA World Cup qualifying game. That was their last match.
Portugal are undefeated in 12 of their last 13 matches.
Fernando Santos’ side started their World Cup qualification campaign with a 1-0 win against Azerbaijan.
Spain vs Portugal Predictions:
- Spain are undefeated in 21 of their last 22 matches (all competitions).
- Spain have drawn 3 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Spain have drawn their last 3 matches against Portugal (all competitions).
- Spain have drawn 6 of their last 9 friendly matches against Portugal.
- Spain have conceded at least one goal in six of their last seven matches.
- Portugal are undefeated in 12 of their last 13 matches (all competitions).
- Portugal have drawn 5 of their last 10 friendlies.
- Portugal have conceded at least one goal in four of their last five contests.
- Portugal have kept a clean sheet in six of their last ten games.
- Both teams have scored in five of the last six Spain games.
In 37 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Spain hold the clear advantage. They have won 17 games, lost six and drawn 14.
Only three of those 17 defeats have come in Portugal’s last 15 meetings with Spain, wherein they have won four times.
The last three encounters have ended in draws.
The two countries last faced each other in 2020 for an international friendly game, with the match ending in a 0-0 draw.
Friday’s meeting in Madrid could turn out to be a phony war between two nations who already know plenty about each other.
Spain, have won two of the last three European Championships, but they failed to make an impression at Euro 2016, being eliminated in the round of 16 by Italy.
Portugal, meanwhile, are gearing up for the start of their European Championships, which sees them take on Hungary in Budapest on June 15.
Spain and Portugal are usually extremely difficult to separate whenever they clash with each other. Friday should be no different as both Luis Enrique and Fernando Santos work towards finalising their preferred eleven for UEFA Euro 2020.
Spain manager Luis Enrique has surprisingly named only 24 players for the Euro 2020 out of a possible 26.
Portugal, on the other hand, are one of the favourites to win the Euro 2020.
Our prediction: Draw @ 3.40