Scotland will host the Czech Republic at Hampden Park in their opening game of Euro 2020 on Monday.
England and Croatia are the favourites to claim the top two positions in this section, but third spot could yet be enough to advance to the round of 16, and Steve Clarke’s side will be eyeing a huge three points here.
Finishing third in the group has added value at Euro 2020 as the four best teams to finish third from the six groups will make it to the knockout stages.
Scotland enter Euro 2020 in decent form and they are unbeaten in their last five matches.
Scotland will hope to make home advantage count against the Czech Republic, who are perhaps the underdogs in group D.
Steve Clarke’s side picked up one win and one draw from the two international friendlies ahead of Euro 2020, while the Czech Republic won one and lost one.
The Czech Republic bounced back from recent losses against Wales (1-0) and Italy (4-0). They defeated Albania 3-1 in their final Euro 2020 warm-up match on Tuesday.
Scotland vs Czech Republic Predictions:
- Scotland are winless in 5 of their last 7 matches (all competitions).
- Scotland have seen BTTS in 3 of their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Scotland are unbeaten at home since September 2019.
- Scotland have won their last three meetings with Czech Republic.
- Czech Republic are winless in 3 of their last 4 matches (all competitions).
- Czech Republic have seen BTTS in 3 of their last 5 matches (all competitions).
- Czech Republic have lost four of their last five away games to nil.
Scotland and Czech Republic have won four matches each in nine meetings with one draw.
The international head-to-head between the two teams is even, as they have both won four games. One game has ended as a draw.
Scotland and the Czech Republic have struggled to win regularly ahead of Euro 2020.
Scotland have the edge in more recent meetings, however, having won the last three games between the two sides.
The Scots won both games in the UEFA Nations League against Czech Republic in 2020, and will look to secure three points again come Monday.
Our prediction: Scotland win @ 2.74