Preston vs Bristol City: Prediction & Match Preview
Preston North End go into this weekend’s game on the back of two consecutive defeats as they edge ever closer to the bottom three.
Preston North End and Bristol City square off at Deepdale on Friday evening having both lost their last two fixtures in the Championship.
Before the beginning of the season, the majority of Bristol City supporters would have taken sitting just two points adrift of the playoffs after 19 matches.
While the visitors have dropped outside of the playoff places, the home side are now nine points adrift of the top six after defeat to Barnsley.
Bristol City come into this match having suffered back-to-back losses, which has kept them out of the top six.
A win this Friday could potentially see them jump into the playoffs but this would require a number of results elsewhere falling in their favor.
Reason for Preston North vs Bristol City predictions:
- Both sides have scored at least once in 13/19 Championship matches this term.
- Preston have maintained just two clean sheets in their nine home games this season.
- Likewise, Bristol City have kept just two clean sheets in their nine away starts so far.
- Both teams have scored in five of the last six meetings between the sides.
- The previous three games in a row had ended in draws.
- Nine of the former eleven encounters had goals from both teams.
- Six of the last nine clashes had three or more goals.
- At this venue, the guests have not won since 2011.
Preston have not tasted defeat against Bristol City in 14 games, a run stretching back to November 2011.
Their last defeat to the Robins came in February 2011 and this did come at home, but the hosts now have a chance to go a whole decade without losing to their opponents. The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a 3-3 draw.
All of those 14 unbeaten matches came in league games, the first four in League One and the rest in the Championship.
Out of the 91 games ever played between the pair, Preston have won 33 times, have lost on 26 occasions and drawn 32 fixtures.
This encounter promises to be a close-run affair with both sides possessing the brute force to trouble any team in the division.
However, the table doesn’t lie and the visitors are in a much healthier position for a reason, which they could demonstrate on the pitch this weekend. We expect Bristol City to secure a narrow victory over Preston North End on Friday night.
Our Prediction: Bristol City @ 3.54
Source: BetInAsia Black