In international friendly fixture, Portugal will play host to Israel at the José Alvalade Stadium on Wednesday.
The hosts will be aiming to grab a morale boost ahead of their opening Euro 2020 game against Hungary. Meanwhile, Israel will look to make it three straight wins across all competitions.
With two wins and one draw in three group stage games back in March, Portugal currently sit at the top of Group A of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers. They are only ahead of second-place Serbia on goal difference.
Portugal are unbeaten in their last five games across all competitions, picking up three wins and two draws.
Israel, on the other hand, stumbled into their World Cup qualifiers as they failed to taste victory in their opening two group games. Israel started the World Cup qualifiers with a 2-0 home defeat to Denmark.
This was followed by a 3-1 win over Montenegro when both nations faced off in a friendly tie last Saturday.
Portugal vs Israel Predictions:
- Portugal have won 8 of their last 10 home matches (all competitions).
- Portugal have kept 7 clean sheets in their last 9 home matches (all competitions).
- Portugal have won 3 of their last 4 home matches against Israel (all competitions).
- Portugal have lost just one of their last 14 games across all competitions dating back to October 2019.
- Israel have lost 7 of their last 11 friendly matches.
- Israel have lost 10 of their last 14 away matches (friendlies).
- Israel have failed to score in 4 of their last 7 away matches (friendlies).
- Israel have lost just one of their last five matches across all competitions, winning three of the fixtures.
This will be the seventh meeting between the two nations. With three wins, Portugal have been the better side in this fixture. Israel, meanwhile, have managed just one victory, while two games have ended all square.
Portugal have a 3-1 advantage against Israel with 2 draws in 6 matches.
Their last encounter came back in 2013 at the FIFA World Cup qualifiers, when both nations settled for a share of the spoils in a 1-1 draw.
This is a match that can only really go one way. Portugal were not exactly brilliant against Spain, but Israel, with all due respect to them, are a team that A Selecao are likely to fancy much more.
Portugal and Israel head into this game in similar form, having avoided defeat in five and three games respectively. With their last two meetings ending in draws, we predict this will be another close contest.
Portugal is likely to claim victory and head into the Euros in high spirits.
Our prediction: Portugal win @ 1.20