Oxford United will be looking to bounce back from successive defeats when they continue their League One campaign at home to promotion-chasing Lincoln City on Friday night.
Oxford United and Lincoln City face each other at Kassam Stadium in the opening match of the League One round 38.
Karl Robinson’s side will enter the contest off the back of a 1-0 loss at Northampton Town on Tuesday, while Lincoln shared the points with Sunderland at the Stadium of Light last weekend.
Oxford, as mentioned, suffered a 1-0 defeat at Northampton on Tuesday evening, their second loss in as many matches. They lost three of their last four in the league but are still very much in the playoff picture, sitting 11th in the table, just three points behind sixth-placed Blackpool.
The U’s have will been pleased to be back on home soil on Friday, but Lincoln have the best away record in League One this term, picking up 35 points from their 17 matches.
Lincoln bounced back from two successive defeats with a 1-1 draw at Sunderland on Saturday.
Lincoln side remain fourth in the table, just four points behind second-placed Peterborough United on the same number of matches.
Oxford United vs Lincoln predictions:
- Oxford have drawn 2 of their last 4 matches (League One).
- Oxford are winless in 8 of their last 11 matches (all competitions).
- Oxford have achieved just 1 wins in their 6 most recent home games in all competitions.
- Lincoln are winless in 7 of their last 8 matches (League One).
- Lincoln have drawn their last 2 away matches (League One).
- Lincoln have drawn 3 of their last 6 away matches (all competitions).
- Oxford United are undefeated in 13 of their last 16 home all competitions games.
- Lincoln are unbeaten in 21 of their last 24 away matches in all competitions.
- Lincoln have won just 2 of their last 11 matches against Oxford United in all competitions.
In 33 meetings between the sides, Oxford has a 16-12-win advantage over Lincoln, with five matches drawn.
Lincoln beat Oxford 2-0 in the reverse fixture at the LNER stadium after goals from Anthony Scully and Adam Jackson either side of halftime.
There is nothing to separate the two clubs with Oxford United winning 3 of those games, Lincoln City 3 and 0 being draws in regulation time.
A total of 17 goals were scored between them in these games, with 10 for The U’s and 7 belonging to The Red Imps. The average number of goals per game works out to 2.83.
Lincoln have only won one of their last eight in the league, while Oxford will also enter the match off the back of some disappointing results. Both managers will be desperate not to lose this match, meaning that it could be a cagey affair, and we can see a low-scoring draw at the Kassam Stadium.
Oxford and Lincoln are in poor form and a draw is on the cards as both sides look to keep their promotion hopes alive.
Our Predictions: Draw @ 1.53