Oxford City meets Northampton in a match of a 1st Round round in England FA Cup this Monday.
After beating the likes of Royal Wootton, Tamworth, and Weymouth in the preliminary rounds, Oxford City will be looking to give fans yet another reason for celebration when they face Northampton Town in the FA Cup round 1.
After a 2-0 home defeat by Hampton & Richmond Borough last week, Oxford City would have faced playing three games in four days across two competitions.
Northampton, on the other hand, have been showing signs of improvement in the League One of late.
After a frantic 3-2 win away at Wigan, Northampton Town were held to their second goalless draw of 2020.
Reason for Oxford City vs Northampton predictions:
- Northampton won their first three FA Cup ties last season.
- The visitors scored 10 times in that run before a 4-2 exit to Derby.
- Oxford City have scored in 15 of their last 16 home FA Cup ties.
- Oxford City score 14 goals in the last 5 games.
- Northampton score 5 goals in the last 5 games.
Northampton Town’s last match was in the FA Cup against Derby County on Tuesday 4th February at Pride Park Stadium. They lost the game 4-2.
Last season saw the visitors make the Fourth Round of this competition, while they went on to claim promotion from League Two. While their spell in the third-tier has been mixed so far, the Cobblers did beat Wigan in their last away game.
The last few seasons have seen Oxford City go on good runs before falling short against an EFL Club.
Oxford City have scored in 15 of their last 16 home FA Cup ties, while Northampton have proven they can be an attacking force early in this competition.
- The winner is likely to be Northampton.
- The Analysis suggest Over 2.5 goals in this match.