RB Leipzig take on Borussia Dortmund on Saturday in a mouth-watering Bundesliga clash.
The hosts may have the chance to move top of the table if Borussia Monchengladbach beat league leaders Bayern Munich on Friday night, while Dortmund can reduce the gap to their forthcoming opponents to three points with a victory.
Leipzig are undefeated in their last 9 matches and won five of their last six matches on the back of five consecutive clean sheets. Leipzig returned to the Bundesliga and won 1-0 at Stuttgart.
Borussia Dortmund sacked Lucien Favre after a disastrous 5-1 home defeat to Stuttgart.
Borussia Dortmund won 2-0 at Eintracht Braunschweig to advance in the DFB-Pokal with Mats Hummels and Jadon Sancho on target.
As it stands, the Black and Yellows are trailing Bayern by seven points. But that could drastically change should Hansi Flick’s men fail to register a win over Gladbach on Friday, thus giving Dortmund the opportunity to reduce that gap to four or five points. It could also help them close the gap on Leipzig as well as the other title challenger in Bayer Leverkusen.
Reason for RB Leipzig vs Borussia Dortmund predictions:
- Leipzig are undefeated in their last 9 matches (all competitions).
- Leipzig have won 5 of their last 6 matches (all competitions).
- Leipzig have kept 5 consecutive clean sheets (all competitions).
- Borussia Dortmund are undefeated in 7 of their last 8 away matches (all competitions).
- Borussia Dortmund have kept 2 consecutive clean sheets (all competitions).
- Dortmund have won only four of their last nine games.
- Leipzig have shipped only nine goals in this season’s Bundesliga.
Borussia Dortmund have a 4-2 advantage against Leipzig with 2 draws in 8 matches.
Borussia Dortmund won 2-0 in Leipzig last season after a 3-3 draw in Dortmund.
Leipzig have failed to win their last five meetings with Dortmund and with the visitors looking improved since the departure of Favre, we can see them gaining another positive result against Nagelsmann’s side.
Both sides have improved defensively this season so it could be a relatively cagey affair, with the sharpness of Haaland after his recent hamstring injury likely to have a huge bearing on the result.
Our Prediction: Draw @ 3.65
Source: BetInAsia Black