The Premier League returns to the fold this weekend with another set of important fixtures as Crystal Palace take on Leeds United. Both teams have largely been inconsistent this season and will want to win this fixture.
Crystal Palace will be looking to make it three Premier League wins in a row when they travel to Elland Road to face Leeds United on Monday night.
Crystal Palace are in 13th place in the Premier League standings at the moment and have recovered from their slump last month. The Eagles edged Newcastle United to a 2-1 victory during the week and will be confident ahead of this match.
Leeds United, on the other hand, were defeated by Everton in their previous game and will want to return to winning ways in this game. Marcelo Bielsa’s side has played excellent football this season but will need to be more consistent to finish in the top half of the table.
Reason for Leeds United vs Crystal Palace predictions:
- Leeds have won just three of their ten Premier League home games this season.
- Leeds have lost four of their past six fixtures in all competitions, winning the other two.
- All three of Leeds’ home wins have been against sides below them in the table.
- Crystal Palace have only lost four of their last 12 league games, with all of those defeats coming against top four challengers.
- Five of Palace’s last 11 have ended in draws, including three 1-1 stalemates.
- They have been beaten just twice in seven league fixtures, winning three times and drawing twice.
- Palace are looking to win three consecutive league matches for the first time since a four-game sequence last June.
- Palace are winless in their past eight Monday league games, drawing twice and losing on six occasions.
- Palace have lost 16 of the past 18 Premier League matches without Wilfried Zaha, winning the other two.
Crystal Palace have a slight historical advantage over Leeds United and have won 18 games out of a total of 63 matches played between the two teams. Leeds United have managed 16 victories against Crystal Palace and will have to be at their best in this game.
The previous meeting between the two sides in November last year ended in an emphatic 4-1 victory for Crystal Palace. Leeds United were defensively vulnerable on the day and will need to put in a better performance this weekend.
Crystal Palace have lost on each of their past five trips to Elland Road in all competitions.
The Eagles are looking to complete a first league double over Leeds since the 1985-86 season. The home side has won eight of the past 10 meetings in all competitions, with the other two games drawn.
Leeds have very much been the entertainers in the Premier League this season, scoring 36 goals in their 21 matches but also conceding 38. A record of nine victories at this stage is impressive for a newly-promoted club, but they have suffered 10 defeats, which is just one fewer than 18th-placed Fulham.
Monday’s fixture will actually be the first Premier League match between these two teams at Elland Road since the 1997-98 season, when Palace recorded a 2-0 victory against George Graham’s side.
This is a very, very difficult game to call for a number of reasons. Both sides are missing key players, while Leeds are so inconsistent that it is tough to know what to expect on a game-to-game basis. Palace’s absentees could hurt them more and we just fancy Bielsa’s side to edge a tight match in Yorkshire.
Our Prediction: Leeds @ 1.92
Source: BetInAsia Black