Lazio vs Atalanta prediction, preview and team news
Lazio and Atalanta face each other in a highly-anticipated postponed fixture at Stadio Olimpico on Wednesday evening.
Lazio are set to host Atalanta on Wednesday in their next Serie A fixture.
Lazio come into this game on the back of a 2-0 win over Cagliari on Saturday at the Sardegna Arena. Atalanta, on the other hand, beat Torino 4-2 on Saturday at the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino.
Having both challenged for the Serie A title during 2019-20, Lazio and Atalanta are aware that a fast start to this campaign will keep the pressure on Juventus and Inter Milan.
Starting their campaign later than some of their rivals, Lazio and Atalanta both got their schedules underway with victories on Saturday.
Reason for Lazio vs. Atalanta predictions:
- Atalanta are unbeaten in 11 Serie A away games.
- Lazio have only won four of their last 10 Serie A matches.
- Ciro Immobile has scored eight goals in his last six Serie A appearances.
- Nine of the former twelve clashes had goals from both teams.
- The latest meeting at this stadium was a six-goal thriller, and both teams had slotted in three goals each.
- The last four games here had goals from both teams.
- In 28 head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Lazio have won 13 games, lost 10 and drawn five.
Their most recent match was in June, with Atalanta beating Lazio 3-2 in a pulsating encounter.
Lazio have looked impressive under Simone Inzaghi, and much of that has been down to the form of striker Ciro Immobile, who won the European Golden Shoe last season.
Atalanta, on the other hand, are arguably the most exciting team to watch in Serie A. After an excellent campaign last season, the club have been busy in the transfer market.
Both teams have good squads and fine managers. Ciro Immobile unsurprisingly bagged in Lazio’s opener and has now scored eight goals in his last six league appearances. After netting a monumental 36 Serie A goals last season, he looks fantastic value to trouble Atalanta’s defence.
It is hard to separate the two sides, and that may be reflected in a high-scoring draw.
Our prediction: Over 3.0 @ 1.725