Getafe will be looking to boost their chances of a top-four finish in Spain’s top flight when they welcome Real Sociedad to the Spanish capital on Monday night.
The home side currently sit fifth in the table, five points off fourth-placed Sevilla, while Sociedad have dropped to seventh following a run of three straight defeats.
However both Getafe and Real Sociedad are still waiting for their first victories since the resumption and now may face battles just to make the Europa League.
- Getafe have won five of their last six meetings with Real Sociedad.
- 5 of the last 6 meetings have seen both teams score
- Under 2.5 goals have been produced in five of the hosts’ last six matches.
- Under 2.5 goals have been produced in four of the visitors’ last six matches.
- 62% of Getafe’s home games this season have seen under 2.5 goals scored
- Geta have won 4 of the 5 meetings since returning to the top flight in 2017.
Getafe drew for the third match on the run when they made the trip to Real Valladolid on Tuesday night. Getafe took the lead shortly before the break via Mata but the teams went in at half time level following an Unal penalty five minutes into added time.
Real Sociedad had the home advantage against Celta Vigo on Wednesday night but ended up losing for the third match on the run courtesy of a first-half penalty from former Liverpool forward Aspas.
The hosts head into Monday’s clash as the form favourites despite only winning one of their last six matches. Getafe have drawn four and lost one of their last six outings, while Real Sociedad have lost four times, drawn and won once during that same period.
Most of Getafe’s home games this season have been low-scoring, with 62% producing under 2.5 goals, and 47% of Real Sociedad’s away trips have also seen fewer than three goals scored within the 90-minutes.
This is a really big game for both sides as they chase down the top four. Getafe’s recent record against Sociedad is excellent, but the Basque outfit are due to a positive result, and we are backing a draw here.
Over 2.0 (Goal Line) @ 1.96