Frank Lampard warns Chelsea will ‘have to suffer’ against Bayern Munich
Frank Lampard has warned that Chelsea have to be prepared to suffer when they play Bayern Munich on Tuesday (25/2/2020) and urged his players not to let their standards drop after halting a worrying run by beating Tottenham.
Teams Chelsea Bayern Munich played so far 5 matches.
- Chelsea won 1 direct matches. Bayern Munich won 2 matches. 2 matches ended in a draw. On average in direct matches both teams scored a 4.40 goals per Match.
- Chelsea in actual season average scored 1.98 goals per match.
- Bayern Munich average scored 3.28 goals per match in season 2020.
- Chelsea: In 16 (80.00%) matches played at home was total goals (team and opponent) Over 1.5 goals. In 10 (50.00%) matches in season 2020 played at home was total goals (team and opponent) Over 2.5 goals.
- Bayern Munich: In 22 (95.65%) matches played away was total goals (team and opponent) Over 1.5 goals. In 20 (86.96%) matches played away team was total goals (team and opponent) Over 2.5 goals.
Lewandowski is the joint-leading scorer in this year’s competition, level on 10 goals with Dortmund’s Erling Haaland.
The prolific Pole sits fifth on the list of all-time Champions League scorers with 63 goals, just one shy of Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema (64).
Chelsea were second in Group H behind Valencia.
Lewandowski and Gnabry have both scored four goals in the second half of a Champions League game this season – the former against Red Star Belgrade, the latter against Tottenham – becoming the only players in the competition’s history to do so.
Bayern’s group stage was the most successful in the competition’s history, winning a perfect six from six games with a goal difference of +19.
Chelsea: Caballero – James, Christensen, Rüdiger, Azpilicueta (c) – Jorginho, Mount, Kovacic – Pedro, Abraham, Willian.
Coach: Frank Lampard
Bayern: Neuer (c) – Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Davies – Kimmich, Thiago – Gnabry, Müller, Coman – Lewandowski.
Coach: Hansi Flick
Bayern Munich (Full Time Result) @ 1.91