Frank Lampard has warned that Chelsea have to be prepared to suffer when they play Bayern Munich on Tuesday (25/2/2020) and urged his players not to let their standards drop after halting a worrying run by beating Tottenham.
Teams Chelsea Bayern Munich played so far 5 matches.
- Chelsea won 1 direct matches. Bayern Munich won 2 matches. 2 matches ended in a draw. On average in direct matches both teams scored a 4.40 goals per Match.
- Chelsea in actual season average scored 1.98 goals per match.
- Bayern Munich average scored 3.28 goals per match in season 2020.
- Chelsea: In 16 (80.00%) matches played at home was total goals (team and opponent) Over 1.5 goals. In 10 (50.00%) matches in season 2020 played at home was total goals (team and opponent) Over 2.5 goals.
- Bayern Munich: In 22 (95.65%) matches played away was total goals (team and opponent) Over 1.5 goals. In 20 (86.96%) matches played away team was total goals (team and opponent) Over 2.5 goals.
Lewandowski is the joint-leading scorer in this year’s competition, level on 10 goals with Dortmund’s Erling Haaland.
The prolific Pole sits fifth on the list of all-time Champions League scorers with 63 goals, just one shy of Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema (64).
Chelsea were second in Group H behind Valencia.
Lewandowski and Gnabry have both scored four goals in the second half of a Champions League game this season – the former against Red Star Belgrade, the latter against Tottenham – becoming the only players in the competition’s history to do so.
Bayern’s group stage was the most successful in the competition’s history, winning a perfect six from six games with a goal difference of +19.
Chelsea: Caballero – James, Christensen, Rüdiger, Azpilicueta (c) – Jorginho, Mount, Kovacic – Pedro, Abraham, Willian.
Coach: Frank Lampard
Bayern: Neuer (c) – Pavard, Boateng, Alaba, Davies – Kimmich, Thiago – Gnabry, Müller, Coman – Lewandowski.
Coach: Hansi Flick
Bayern Munich (Full Time Result) @ 1.91