France vs Wales: prediction, preview, team news / International Friendlies 2021
UEFA Euro 2020 favorites France will take on Wales at the Allianz Riviera in an international friendly scheduled to take place on Wednesday.
France and Wales kick off their Euro 2020 preparations on Wednesday when they go head-to-head in a friendly battle at Nice’s Allianz Riviera.
France topped their Euro qualification group, finishing two points clear of second-place Turkey. They won eight out of their 10 games, losing one and drawing one.
Wales finished second in Group E, three points behind leaders Croatia. They had a mixed record, winning four, drawing two, and losing two of their 10 games.
France vs Wales predictions:
- Wales have seen under 2.5 goals in eight of their last 11.
- France have seen under 2.5 land in five of their last six.
- The French have won to nil in three of their last five.
- Wales have won just one of their five previous meetings with France, a 1-0 victory in Toulouse in 1982 with Ian Rush scoring the winner.
- France have won 18 of their past 23 matches, although four of the five matches they’ve failed to win in this run have come on French soil.
France and Wales have played five games against each other so far. Wales have won just one game, while France have prevailed in three. One game ended in a stalemate.
Les Blues ran out 2-0 winners in the last meeting between the two sides. Goals from Antoine Griezmann and Olivier Giroud handed the 2018 World Cup winners an easy victory.
Wales have won nine of their past 13 matches, conceding just seven goals in this 13-game spell, six of which came in their two defeats: 3-0 against England and 3-1 against Belgium.
France have a more balanced starting XI than Wales, along with some players who possess the individual brilliance to take the game away from the opposition.
Benzema’s return has only made them stronger, and they are the outright favorites to win this friendly clash.
The French aren’t the most fluid side so it’s not hard to see them being frustrated. The hosts have won four of their last five and look good for a win, but given their respective defensive records unders is the way to go here.
Our prediction: France win @ 1.31