FC Salzburg vs Liverpool: Prediction
Liverpool will continue their preparations for the 2020-21 campaign with a pre-season clash against Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg on Tuesday afternoon.
The Reds, who will face Arsenal in the Community Shield on August 29, will enter this clash off the back of a 3-0 victory over German outfit Stuttgart on Saturday.
Salzburg won their seventh straight Austrian title last season, ultimately finishing 12 points clear, losing just two of their 32 league matches during a strong campaign.
Liverpool has won 70% of their last 20 home cup games and Salzburg has lost 30% of their last 20 away cup games.
The last time Salzburg won away in the cup was 3 games ago against Celtic. The last time Liverpool lost a home cup game was 13 matches ago against Sevilla.
Liverpool have kept 12 clean sheets in their last 20 home games.
Of the 14 cup games Liverpool has won at home, they scored first 12 times. Of the 6 away games Salzburg has lost, they conceded first 5 times.
- Liverpool have scored 2 goals in 13 of their last 20 home games.
- Salzburg have conceded at least 2 goals in 9 of their last 20 away games.
- Liverpool have conceded 1 goal in 15 of their last 20 home games.
- Salzburg have scored 1 goal in 10 of their last 20 away cup games.
- In European Champions League this season, this Liverpool XI has played 86 matches and scored 18 goals.
- In European Champions League this season, this FC Red Bull Salzburg XI has played 72 matches and scored 20 goals.
Salzburg impressed in their trip to Anfield in early October before suffering a 4-3 defeat, before Liverpool ran out 2-0 winners when they made the trip to Austria in December.
Salzburg will fancy their chances of causing Liverpool some problems and will be keen to pick up a positive result against the English champions.
Prediction: Over 8.0 (Alternative Corners) @ 1.53