Atletico Madrid vs. Mallorca – prediction, team news, lineups
Atletico Madrid will be looking to continue their excellent run of form in La Liga when they welcome relegation-threatened Mallorca to the Wanda Metropolitano on Friday night.
Atletico Madrid will make the best out of the clash as they need to stay in the promotion zone for their chance in the Champions League next season. Mallorca aims to climb out of the relegation this season and is likely not to achieve it.
Diego Simeone’s side will enter the match off the back of a 2-2 draw with Barcelona on Tuesday night, while Mallorca, who occupy 18th spot in the table, thumped Celta Vigo 5-1 on home soil.
Atletico dented Barcelona’s title challenge on Tuesday night as they secured a 2-2 draw at the Camp Nou thanks to a brace of penalties from Saul. Mallorca ended their winless run in a crucial relegation six-pointer at home to a Celta Vigo side that sit one place above them in the La Liga table.
Mallorca have lost four of their last six La Liga games but that 5-1 win against Celta Vigo has given the relation battlers a platform to build from.
Reason for Atletico vs. Mallorca predictions:
- Atletico have won ten of their 16 home games.
- Mallorca have lost each of their last 3 away league matches.
- Mallorca have lost 13 of their 16 away games.
- Atletico Madrid have been drawing at both half-time and full-time in their last 2 home La Liga matches against Mallorca.
- Mallorca have been losing at both half-time and full-time in each of their last 3 away league matches.
- Over 2.5 goals have been scored in 56% of Mallorca’s away games.
- Over 2.5 goals have been scored in three of each club’s last six league games.
Atletico Madrid will need some time to cool off after the controversial win against Barcelona last time out in the league.
The Atlético Madrid coach’s optimism has been reinforced by his side’s strong showing since LaLiga resumed last month. The mattress makers have picked up 14 of a possible 18 points to move into third place and distance themselves from the Europa League places. The team has also rung up a 13-game unbeaten streak since a loss to Real Madrid on Feb. 1.
Mallorca will enter the match off the back of a thumping win over Celta, but it is difficult to back against an Atletico side that are in excellent form at the moment.
2-0 for Atletico Madrid @ 5.50 (9/2)