Aston Villa vs Newcastle: Betting tips, predictions, odds & match preview
Aston Villa will be in Premier League action at home for the first time since Boxing Day when they host Newcastle United in a rearranged fixture on Saturday.
While most of the rest of the top flight focus on FA Cup matters, two sides in growing need of a victory will look to overturn their recent fortunes with three valuable Premier League points at Villa Park.
Villa have since had to close their training ground for 10 days and go almost three weeks without a Premier League fixture, finally returning to top-flight action for the first time since New Year’s Day on Wednesday night.
Newcastle have failed to score in their last three Premier League visits to Villa too, a run stretching back to 2013, but Bruce might take some encouragement from the fact that Villa have been better away from home than they have on their own turf so far this season.
Reason for Aston Villa vs Newcastle predictions:
- Newcastle have scored just one goal in their last five league fixtures combined.
- Newcastle lost to nil in each of their last three away games.
- Aston Villa have scored one or fewer goals in seven of their last nine Premier League assignments.
- Newcastle have lost five of their last six Premier League away matches.
- Villa can keep a clean sheet in three successive Premier League home games for the first time since December 2012.
- Newcastle are winless in seven Premier League games.
Aston Villa’s solitary victory in the past 14 league meetings came at home last season.
Villa can win successive Premier League home matches against Newcastle for only the second time.
Newcastle have failed to score in three Premier League away meetings since a 2-1 triumph at Villa Park in September 2013.
Neither side come into this match in particularly good form, but Aston Villa’s recent defeats have been a lot more encouraging than Newcastle’s have.
It is difficult to back the Magpies to even score, yet alone win, at the moment, particularly away from home and we can see them extending their longest Premier League winless run since October 2018 with another defeat on Saturday.
Our Prediction: Aston Villa @ 1.55
Source: BetInAsia Black