We have three Arsenal vs Leicester predictions and betting tips as we back the hosts to extend their incredible home record against the visitors on Tuesday.
Arsenal’s ambitious battle to finish in the top four continues on Tuesday when they host Leicester City, who are third in the Premier League.
Arsenal are certainly the team with more momentum heading into this clash. The fact that it’s a home game only makes it a better platform for their team to thrive on. Arteta’s men are on a streak of three Premier League wins on the spin since the restart, since the loss to Brighton & Hove Albion.
Leicester’s win against Crystal Palace was an important one for them as it was their first victory since the restart. They drew the first two games and lost to Everton, leading to further pressure from Champions League hopefuls. Chelsea, Manchester United and a handful of sides are aiming for European football and hope to dislodge the Foxes.
Reason for Arsenal vs. Leicester predictions:
- Leicester have won just two of their last nine Premier League games.
- Arsenal have won five of seven home Premier League matches under Mikel Arteta.
- The Gunners have won their last nine home meetings with Leicester.
- Aubameyang has scored five times in four league starts at the Emirates.
- Only Watford have conceded more goals from penalties than Leicester this season.
- Arsenal have won 16 of the 27 Premier League meetings between the two teams.
- There have been just four wins for Leicester (and two draws), but the Foxes have won the last two League games – 3-0 last April, and 2-0 in November.
Both sides are coming into this game off the back of victories, but neither team will be completely confident at the back. Expect an end-to-end game which will likely be decided by which of Aubameyang or Vardy take their chances.
This is a fascinating contest, especially given Arsenal’s recent upturn in form. The Gunners have been good at home while Leicester have struggled on the road, so we are going against the league table and predicting an Arsenal win.
Leicester have not won a league game away to the Gunners since 1973, and that 47-year drought could be prolonged again this week.
Arsenal FC @ 2.36, Arsenal 2-1 Leicester